Fragrance Creators Association announced the top 11 impacts impacts it delivered for business and the public in 2021. The association strengthened its leadership in all longstanding and new matters related to fragrance legislation, regulations and more, ensuring every association position delivered good for people, perfume (profit) and the planet.
Among the impacts, Fragrance Creators:
- Expanded its member advocacy and support related to supply chain challenges.
- Saved the industry hundreds of millions of dollars in tariffs and unnecessary regulatory costs related to import requirements.
- Spearheaded industry coordination in response to updated volatile organic compound (VOC) limits in California.
- Supported members’ efforts to comply with new ingredient disclosure laws.
- Strengthened its partnership with EPA.
- Expanded its relationships by the Canadian government.
- Grew the number of ingredient stories on The Fragrance Conservatory, and more.
Robert Weinstein, Ph.D., co-chair of the Fragrance Creators Board of Directors and president and CEO of Robertet USA, said, “2021 further validated that often it is in the most challenging of times, that good character shines. It’s extraordinary to see our entire membership—every single company—step up to ensure Fragrance Creators could accelerate our leadership in science-based fragrance advocacy with the utmost vigor, integrity and care.”
Cynthia Reichard, co-chair of the Fragrance Creators Board of Directors and executive vice president, Arylessence, said, “2021 continued to introduce unprecedented challenges to the fragrance industry, and the world at large. We took on bold and forward-leaning efforts that required significant engagement and we are grateful to our members, our allied trades and our government and non-government stakeholders for their trust and support in these efforts. I look forward to supporting the continuing great work of our staff and members in 2022 and beyond.”
Farah K. Ahmed, president and CEO, Fragrance Creators, said, “Continuity was key in 2021, extending our elevated level of representation, service and care. The Fragrance Creators team and I are immensely grateful to represent a membership so deeply committed to responsible industry stewardship, which gives us an incredible sense of purpose as we represent the fragrance industry.”