Posted: May 05, 2017 Location: New Jersey Description: *Direct Hire Position*
Salary: Approximately $160,000 Base Salary + up to 20% Bonus
Overview: On-Board Services is assisting a Flavors Market Producer with a search for a Senior Flavorist with “Hands-On” Citrus Flavor development experience.
- Direct citrus flavor and technology development
- Participate in development programs for both trainee & associate citrus Flavorists.
- Develop and support manufacture of salable citrus flavors
- Manage and execute training and guidance to Associate Citrus Flavorists and Lab Staff
- Anticipate, investigate and resolve problems with raw materials and finished goods as needed by technically partnering with vendors
- Participate directly and provide cross-functional leadership within global citrus teams in strategic categories
- Understand regional taste differences and preferences. Use this knowledge to guide new ingredient and technology delivery for citrus
- Interact with key citrus customers regionally and globally to understand requirements and build solid relationships
- Manage citrus stage gate process at intersection between R&D, Innovation Program Directors and commercial Flavorists to ensure optimal delivery of new ingredients and technologies
- Utilize technology to deliver unique solutions to the marketplace
- Maintain safe work practices
Essential: Four Year Degree/ (BS/BA in biological or chemical science preferred). Minimum of 10 years experience in flavor industry creative function (entry level through Flavorist). Completed qualifying Flavorist training Program and/or proven track record at
- Four Year Degree/ (BS/BA in biological or chemical science preferred)
- Minimum of 10 years experience in flavor industry creative function (entry level through Flavorist)
- Completed qualifying Flavorist training Program and/or proven track record at equivalent level with competitor
- Certified Member of the Flavor Chemist Society with proven track record at equivalent level with competitor
- Fluent in English. Additional languages highly desirable
- Excellent communication, computer and math skills.
- At least 10 years Flavorist experience
- MS/PHD in biological or chemical sciences
- Proven artistic ability
- Presentation skills, project management skills.
- Proven successful mentoring of Flavorists from trainee level to Flavorist
To Apply for immediate consideration please send resume to Michael Santoro at Michael.Santoro@onboardusa.com and reference job #17745 in the Subject Line and indicate the best times to contact you (please include nights and weekends if needed). Also, please indicate where you found this job posting.
Candidates cannot begin without successful drug and background clearance.
On-Board Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Contact Person: Michael Santoro Email: Michael.Santoro@onboardusa.com