The British Society of Flavourists (BSF) with the support of Centro Studi Assaggiatori organizes the 1st BSF Symposium on October 20, 2023, near Como Lake, Northern Italy. The full-day event is preceded by a dinner on October 19. The BSF Symposium will be dedicated to coffee and it will be hosted by the local coffee roastery Caffè Milani.
Attendees can expect conference sessions conducted by speakers from the industry and academia as well as a sensory game with a tasting session led by Manuela Violoni. Speakers include:
- Imre Blank, Chief Scientific Officer in China for the Zhejiang Yiming Food company
- Carlo Bicchi, Full Professor of Pharmaceutical Biology at the Faculty of Pharmacy of the University of Turin
- Luciano Navarini, Head of Research & Scientific Coordination at Illy Caffè
- Manuela Violoni, member of the Board of the International Institute of Coffee Tasters
- Clay Gordon, TheChocolateLife – Independent Journalist, Consultant, Motivational
There is a limited number of available seats available, for additional information, contact [email protected].
Andrea Albertino, president of the BSF, thinks this could become a recurring event for the flavor industry, "We do want to continue to offer our members online webinars, but at the same time the organization of such events will bring together industry and academic experts enjoying a full day dedicated to a specific topic. We chose coffee to start our journey, same as we usually start our day!"