T. Hasegawa is looking for a senior sweet and beverage flavor chemist, who will provide their expertise to create excellent sweet and beverage flavors to service our customers. The senior flavor chemist is responsible for the successful execution of assigned projects from concept to commercialization, the improvement of the quality of our products portfolio as well as its expansion and cost optimization of sweet and beverage flavors.
- Understands and adheres to T. Hasegawa USA guidelines for the creation of safe and stable flavors.
- Works independently and in collaboration with other departments involved to quickly develop, modify, duplicate flavors as well as develop, introduce and implement novel technologies, processes or raw materials.
- Utilize their strong technical expertise and problem-solving skills to successfully manage complex projects and multiple priorities and timelines.
- Successfully manage customer projects with completion within expected timelines.
- Develops new flavors for internal proactive projects to support department initiatives.
- Help maintain and improve product quality
- Work collaboratively with all T. Hasegawa USA departments to troubleshoot, flavors, raw material or process issue in a timely manner.
- Provides technical leadership and support to departments within the company, including Sales, Marketing Customer Service and Operations.
- Maintains excellent customer relationships by working collaboratively with Sales, Marketing and Applications.
- Supports the Sales team and Sales activities by providing technical support during customer visits and other events such as expos, food shows, product demonstrations, and technical presentations, on-site or remotely.
- Helps maintain, defend and expand current customer products.
- Successfully interacts with key customers to identify opportunities to expand our core technologies.
- Support and lead flavorists training program and technician’s training and help identify and remedy the gaps in R&D technical expertise.
- Stays current with new flavor development and new flavor processing techniques.
- Some travel may be required.
- This position may or may not directly supervise subordinate employee.
- Experience and coursework in the flavor industry commensurate with title will be required.
- Certification through the Society of Flavor Chemists is required.
- Fifteen or more years of flavor creation experience.
- Soft skills such as leadership, coachability, mentoring skills, etc.
- Ability to read, speak, write and understand English.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in food science, chemistry or a closely related field. Advanced degrees in related fields are always a plus.
Apply for this job using the link below: