Bell Flavors & Fragrances, Inc. has announced its new Spark Trends platform predictions. Since its inception in 2015, Spark provides an understanding of the consumer landscape, blending culinary influences, market dynamics and product innovations with consumer attitudes, usage and purchasing habits to understand what’s shaping the future of flavors, fragrances and botanicals.
Kelli Heinz, vice president of marketing and industry affairs, said, “This year, Bell’s platform continues to track five key global consumer macro trends that are impacting mindsets today and in the future. These Macro Trends, collectively identified by our global marketing teams, represent the core behavioral values shared by all humans at this moment in time. As we move into another year of changes on a global scale, Bell’s Spark trends uncover various ways in which consumers are responding to current shifts.”
David Banks, senior director of marketing, said, “Adventure, travel and unforgettable experiences are back on the menu as consumers pursue New Horizons of exploration in both the physical and virtual worlds. Holistic health and personal well-being are requiring everyday activities to be functional and mood-enhancing. Moving forward, consumers continue to demand new and sustainable ways to connect with nature, optimized by ‘green’ innovation. They increasingly seek sensorial experiences rooted deep within authentic cultures while looking for that extra ‘spark’ to find rewards right here, right now.”
Highlights of the trend report include:
- Consumers are now craving a new era of interconnectedness via physical and digital fusion called "phygital." This trend is formerly a combination of Bell’s Escapism + Together Apart macro trends.
- The trend of plant-based, cruelty-free and good for the planet looks at the new dawn of “green” innovation to safeguard the future of the planet, without sacrificing the familiar scents and taste sensations consumers continue to crave. It is a new addition to Bell’s macro trends.
- While physical and social aspects of health are here to stay, consumers are immersing themselves in holistic wellness, prioritizing mental health, self-care and less crowded calendars. This trend was formerly Bell’s Well-Balanced macro trend and explores a fresh approach to the best version of “you.”
- Consumers are embracing escapism, indulging and sparking joy in unique ways. This trend was formerly Bell’s Finding Silver Linings macro trend.
- Consumers remain passionate about paying it forward to the earth, but now more than ever, are aware of human connections across the globe, and becoming champions of diverse heritage, authentic values and sustainable products as a means to making the world a better place for all. This trend was formerly Bell’s Global Consciousness macro trend.