Takasago released its Q2 2019 financial results and stated its net sales observed a 1.1% increase to ¥77,758 million. Its financial year will close March 31, 2020.
- Net sales: ¥47,746 million, a 2.8% increase
- Growth was driven by flavor products in the Singaporean subsidiary, as well as coffee related products in the parent company and domestic subsidiaries.
- Net sales: ¥19,846 million, a 2.4% increase
- Growth was mainly the result of fragrance products for air freshener in the United States subsidiary.
- Net sales: ¥6,478 million, a 5.8% decrease
- The loss in sales can be attributed to the weak performance of menthol, the mainstay product of this business segment.
- Net sales: ¥2,965 million, a 15% decrease
- The effect of some customers’ inventory adjustments on pharmaceutical intermediates caused this decrease in sales.
Japan: net sales reached ¥35,534 million, a 1.5% increase; while operating profit totaled ¥233 million, an 86.1% decrease
The Americas: net sales reached ¥16,205 million, a 0.1% increase; while operating profit totaled ¥112 million, an 84.6% decrease
Europe: net sales reached ¥12,693 million, a 5.7% decrease; while operating profit totaled ¥661 million, a 47.4% decrease
Asia: net sales reached ¥13,324 million, an 8.5% increase; while operating profit totaled ¥625 million, a 34.7% decrease
Additionally, the company has announced its newly constructed factory in Indonesia, named PT. Takasago International Indonesia–Cikarang Plant, which will serve as one of its three-base production systems in the South and Southeast Asian Region.