The World Of Coca-Cola located in Atlanta, Georgia, has announced its new exhibit, scent discovery, according to Patch.
The exhibit will take participants on a tour through numerous aromas from spicy to fruity to sweet. They are then given information about the science behind smelling and how it connects with the brain to identify foods and recall memories.
At the end, participants can explore other mystery scents, grouped by flavor profile.They will learn about scent origin and also uncover related beverage recommendations. Participants will leave the exhibit knowing more about why they choose the beverages they prefer and which Coca-Cola drinks to sample next.
"Many people don't realize that flavor actually has more to do with smell than taste. As a brand whose people are passionate about creating and providing the best-tasting drinks in the world, scent is at the core of what we do. Through Scent Discovery, we're taking fans on an aromatic journey into the profiles they might find in some of their favorite beverages." said Joanna Hobday, group director, retail operations and administration, The Coca-Cola Company.
Guidelines are in place to keep guests and employees safe including:
- Face coverings are required for all employees and guests over the age of two
- Capacity has been reduced via time-stamped admission tickets to promote social distancing
- Thermal temperature scans are conducted for employees and guests upon entry
- Cleaning routines have been enhanced throughout the attraction
- Face coverings and social distancing are required inside Scent Discovery
- The Taste It! sampling experience has been altered to comply with FDA guidelines
- Small groups are led through curated tastings at designated times