Spate named 3 Consumer Trends of 2024 including Multi-Dimensional Beauty, Restrained Opulence (Quiet Luxury) and Beyond Beauty. Each of these predicted macro trends were selected through an analysis of growing micro trends present on Google searches and TikTok videos in the space of beauty and care.
1. Multi-Dimensional Beauty: Consumers are looking for new textures and finishes.
- Chrome nails: Consumers are looking for a metallic finish. Model Hailey Beiber was said to have made the trend of chrome nail viral, and according to Spate, searches for chrome nails continues to grow.
- Korean glass: Encapsulating certain products and methods for flawless, glowing skin.
- Hair powder
2. Restrained Opulence: Consumers looking for an "expensive" look.
- Microcurrent facials
- Color analysis: Consumers have been utilizing apps or consultants for advice on suitable colors and tones for their clothing and/or makeup.
- Lip stain: On the rise in consumer trends, lip stain allows the user to geta natural look of semi-permanence as if the wearer was coming back from a relaxed holiday.
3. Beyond Beauty: Beauty trends crossing into the world of food and wellness.
- Pheromone perfume: A growing trend, with more than 130K searches for pheromone perfume on Google and trending on TikTok.
- Magnesium supplements: This trend encapsulates the overlap between the world of wellness and beauty. Consumers are looking for help with anxiety, cramps and trouble sleeping.
- Anti-Inflammatory diet: Research is showing that consumers are looking to dietary avenues to help with beauty concerns.