• Praline: continuing the trend for gourmand scents, this modern accord adds a soft caramel-chocolate note and creamy, nutty complexity. The ideal pairing for fresh, fruity accents.
• Sorbets: a refreshing sensation of iced fruits and sugary accents creates a cooling energy in compositions.
• Freesia: with florals making a welcome return, delicate freesia is set to have a high profile. Delivering a subtle, citrusy note, its refreshing character is enhanced by a positive woody piquancy.
Miri Scott, an insight manager for Seven Scent, said the emphasis on sugary notes, in the context of the strong consumer retro revival, is the driving trend behind a number of fragrances for Imperial Leather’s new "Sweets" range of shower creams.
The sweets range features confectionery fragrances:
• Comforting Marshmallow: a sweet and gentle scent to pamper and soothe
• Uplifting Sherbet Lemon: zingy and zesty citrus notes to refresh and revive.
• Mouthwatering Fruit Salad: tropical, fruity aromas reminiscent of childhood summers.
• Stimulating Spearmint: cool green mint blends with a hint of sweetness to awaken and invigorate.
The two additional fragrance stories Seven expects to see emerge next year are:
• Linear Landscapes: aromatic, woody notes blend with leathery notes and creamy, soft cashmere to evoke a natural simplicity.
• Print Pop: vibrant and bold, fruity characteristics with accents of cool mint and gentle florals will create signature scents with a twist.