Wixon (St. Francis, Wis.) has developed new menu items created with globally sourced ingredients for the food service market.
The products, recently showcased at The Flavor Experience conference in Newport Beach, Calif., include:
- Astro Sliders, which are ground pork belly sliders strewn with Wixon’s new Savory Malbec & Mango Flavor System and featuring Wixon’s Wix-Fresh Reduced Sodium System (RSS) for meat and Wix-Fresh MinerMax to promote flavor integrity while providing an antioxidant benefit. The suggested serving for Astro Sliders is on buttermilk biscuits and topped with Point Reyes bleu cheese.
- Crunchy Sweet Lowdown Fritters, which are crispy chicken and waffle-coated with honey and melted maple butter, utilize Wixon’s new Slow-Browning Sugar System designed for extended fry times with batters and coatings. Wixon’s Sweet Lift technology enhances sweetness.
- Santa Maria-Style Tri-Tip & Pork Shoulder features Wixon’s new Salmuera Salt Basting Blends. This entrée is recommended served on corn tortillas with So-Co Korean Sauce, Creamy Sriracha and Strawberry Memphis by Wixon.
- Bali Bali Seasoned Popcorn features Wixon’s KCLean Salt technology for reduced sodium.
- Jerky Mac & Cheese Popcorn is a three-cheese blend paired with a light smokehouse-style beef jerky blend.