Read more about citrus production around the world and the latest innovations in the March edition of P&F Magazine.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) February edition of the 2014–2015 Florida all orange forecast has remained essentially unchanged.
Meanwhile, the USDA's Agriculture Secretary, Tom Vilsack, has announced $30 million in funding "for 22 projects to help citrus producers combat Huanglongbing (HLB), also known as citrus greening."
According to the USDA, "The money will fund promising projects that could offer near-term solutions as well as research funding that may develop long-terms solutions.".
- Florida all orange production unchanged
- Florida non-Valencia orange production unchanged
- Florida Valencia orange production unchanged
- Florida all grapefruit production unchanged
- Florida all tangerine production unchanged
- Florida tangelo production down 13%
- FCOJ yield 1.57 gallons per box (42o brix)
Thanks to Florida Chemical for the tip.