Organoleptic Evaluation Panelists
- Gerard Mosciano, Consulting Flavorist
- Deborah Barber, Senior Flavorist, FONA
- Cyndie Lipka, Master Flavorist, Prinova
- Tom Gibson, Director, Flavor Architect, Flavor First Flavors
- Robert Pan, Senior Flavorist, T. Hasegawa
- Alpa Roman, Senior Flavorist, Flavor & Fragrance Specialties
- Bill Aslanides, Senior Flavorist, Synergy Flavors, Inc.
- Aparna Oak, Director of Flavor Innovation, Imbibe
Beetroot kiiNotes KII-53093
Supplier: Omega Ingredients
GRAS, CAS# 89957-90-4, Beta vulgaris, natural
Odor: @ 100%. Sweet, vegetablelike, earthy and musty.
Taste: @ 0.5%. Sweet, earthy, musty and astringent.
Possible applications: Obviously beet flavors will benefit the most from this product as well direct addition to vegetable and fruit juices, waters both still and sparkling and unique cocktails.
Omega Ingredients: www.omegaingredients.co.uk
2,5-Dimethylpyrazine N625 Natural
Supplier: Synerzine, Inc.
FEMA# 3272, CAS# 123-32-0
Natural occurrence: Beer,coffee, cocoa, beef, lavender, kohlrabi, pork, potato chip, rum and shrimp.
Odor: @ 1%.Musty, earthy, nutty, brown and moldy.
Taste: @ 5 ppm. Brown, nutty and slightly toasted.
Taste: @10 ppm. Brown, toasted, slightly savory, roasted, nutty and slightly cocoalike.
Possible application: Most roasted, brown flavors will benefit from the use of this pyrazine including cocoa, dark chocolate, coffee, mocha, hazelnut, baked potato and tobacco.
Synerzine, Inc.: www.synerzine.com