Quintis has announced its 10-year sustainability plan to ensure the future of the Indian sandalwood species, which is on the brink of extinction in the wild due to illegal harvesting.
The Hands on the Future sustainability report* details the actions needed to prioritize the long-term supply of Indian sandalwood and the sustainable evolution of the communities and environments in which Quintis operates. The report looks at the key achievements Quintis has already made and identifies three key focus areas—community, carbon and sustainable production—to create its overarching sustainability vision.
Within these three focus areas, Quintis has committed to:
- Reducing its impact on the environment.
- Improve wellbeing for all.
- Educating the leaders of tomorrow.
- Championing equal opportunity for all.
- A strong and transparent corporate governance for the industry more broadly, while empowering local communities to be sustainable.