The wait is over, World Perfumery Congress (WPC) is officially here. Scheduled for June 29-July 1, WPC 2022 is set to host back-to-back sessions during the three-day conference in Miami, FL. Don’t have your ticket yet? Don’t worry, there’s still time to register for one, two or all three days of the conference.
>>>There is still time to register.<<<
Perfumers, industry experts and fragrance companies breaking boundaries will share gems from their vast experiences in the industry. You won’t want to miss the extensive lineup of exhibitors showcasing the latest innovations and products.
Here is the exciting speaker lineup for WPC 2022.
Wednesday, June 29
- “Perfumery in 2030: How Technology and Regulatory Changes will Impact the Perfumer’s Role” with research fellow and senior perfumer, Phil Porter (Procter & Gamble).
- “Exploring Post-Pandemic Opportunities in Fragrance” with industry manager, Beauty and Personal Care, Kayla Villena (Euromonitor International).
- “Bridging the Gap Between Anosmia and Perfumery with Synthetic Language” with journalist, Emmanuelle Dancourt (Anosmie.org) alongside junior perfumer, Ugo Charron (Mane).
- “Part 1: Formulating with Woods” with perfumer, Michelle Bruckmann (Berjé).
- “Part 2: Formulating with Woods” with creative perfumer, perfumery education consultant, Pierre Bénard (Quintis).
- “Elevating Purpose-Led Brand Experience via Fragrance” with global director, Fragrance & Sensory Enrichment, Pamela Asplund (Reckitt).
- “The Future of Fragrance Creation” with master perfumer, Dirk Braun (Symrise).
- “How Global Regulatory Trends Impact Fragrance” with the International Fragrance Association’s communications director, David O'Leary, alongside chairman, Hans Holger Gliewe and president, Martina Bianchini.
- “Innovating with Purpose” with global head of Science and Technology, Fragrances, Jeremy Compton (Givaudan).
Thursday, June 30
- “Forgotten Perfume Plants: Fragrance Revelation for Innovation and Cultivation Recovery for Biodiversity Restoration” R&D director, Natural Ingredients and Fragrances, Pascal Portes (Laboratoires M&L, Groupe L’Occitane).
- “Effect of Fragrances on Emotional & Physical Wellbeing” with perfumer, Neha Okhade (Agilex Fragrances).
- “Looking Forward: The Future of Fragrance Trends” with vice president, creative director, Melissa Hago (Fashion Snoops).
- “The Origin of Dreams: Musings of a Chemical Engineer and a Botanist on Today’s Creative Approaches to Naturals in Fine Fragrance” with Givaudan’s vice president of perfumery, Rodrigo Flores-Roux, and senior perfumer, Stephen Nilsen.
- “Fragrance Stewardship in a Digital Age” is a roundtable discussion featuring executive vice president, director of Client Services, Cynthia Reichard (Arylessence), president and CEO, Farah K. Ahmed (Fragrance Creators) and senior vice president, Corporate Fragrance R&D, PD and Innovation, Sumit Bhasin (Estee Lauder Companies).
- “The Changing Landscape of the Perfumery Industry” with Firmenich’s global president of Perfumery and executive board director, Ilaria Resta, and principal perfumer, Frank Voelkl.
- “The Past, Present & Future of India’s Fragrance Industry–Decoding it’s DNA” with chief perfumer and managing director, Manoj Arora (Sacheerome Fragrance & Flavour).
- “The Benefits of Fragrance in Daily Life” with neuroscientist and faculty member, Rachel Herz, Ph.D. (Brown University and Boston College) and research fellow and master perfumer, Rafael Trujillo (Procter & Gamble).
Friday, July 1
- “Reclaiming Femininity: The Role of Women in Reshaping an Industry” with vice president perfumer, Adriana Medina (Givaudan), and vice president of Merchandising, Beauty and Accessories, Kristen Lagoa (Victoria’s Secret).
- “The Science Behind Naturals: Consumer Benefits of the Future” with R&D director, Bernard Blerot (LMR Naturals by IFF).
- “What Can We Learn From the Indies?” with 4160 Tuesdays Ltd. perfumer, Sarah McCartney.
- “The Future of Perfumery from a Perfumer’s Perspective” with International Society of Perfumer-Creators co-presidents and fragrance greats, Calice Becker and Francis Kurkdjian.
- “Fragrance’s Sustainable Future Panel” with seven panelists including:
- Theodore Anastasiou, Ph.D., vice president, Research and Development (P2 Science, Inc.)
- Guillaume Audy, sustainability director (Iberchem)
- Nathalie Benareau, fine fragrance perfumer (Symrise)
- Valery Claude, vice president of Creation Design and Innovation (International Flavors & Fragrances)
- Julien Firmenich, vice president, Product Strategy & Promotion (Firmenich)
- Cyril Gallardo, Ingredients director (Mane)
- Koenraad Vanhessche, Ph.D., head of R&D (ACS International)
- “Fresh Faces in Fragrance Panel” with panel moderator Linda Levy, president of The Fragrance Foundation (TFF), with a line-up of four panelists including:
- Chris Collins, founder (World of Chris Collins)
- Keta Burke-Williams, co-founder (Aspen Apothecary)
- Bernardo Möller, creative director and founder (House of Bo)
- Itika Oldwine Grimble, founder (OldVine Fragrance)
- “Diversity Discussion: How to Implement Change in Fragrance” with founder, nose and creative director, Miriam Vareldzis (Palette Naturals by 40notes, LLC), and founder, Yosh Han (YOSH olfactory sense).
How to Register for WPC 2022
Standard rates are now available for the three-day conference for $2,150. Attendees can also snag tickets for chosen days of the conference, as well as grab a ticket for the Fragrance Reunion Celebration on June 30.
There is also a perfumer rate discount for the three-day conference package ($1,550), more details can be found on the registration page (worldperfumerycongress.com). Attendees can also get last-minute tickets the day of the event at the door.
Can’t make the in-person event? Hang tight. There will be more details to come regarding a virtual component.
For the full article, please check out the Perfumer & Flavorist+ June 2022 issue.