According to a report from Grandview Research*, the U.S. frozen desserts market reached a value of $52.82 billion in 2020 and is expected to continue to expand at a 5.7% CAGR through the forecast period of 2021 to 2028.
Report: Top 20 Ice Cream Flavors
Collaborations and new flavors are among the latest headlines in frozen flavor launches.
Jones Soda and The ICEE Company are partnering on limited-edition flavors. Jones Soda will offer ICEE’s cherry and blue raspberry flavors as a feature item from May through September 2022. Jones Soda will also offer ICEE’s cherry flavor in its special release program. ICEE is adding Jones Soda’s mango melon flavor to its offerings.
Häagen-Dazs launched a City Sweets collection inspired by on-the-go city street snacks. The new flavors include:
- Black & White Cookie which is inspired by New York’s classic Black & White cookie. This flavor is mixed with vanilla bean ice cream, soft cookie pieces and chocolate frosting.
- Summer Berry Cake Pop, with strawberry and sweet cream ice cream, fluffy cake pieces and raspberry sauce.
- Dulce de Leche Churro, with cinnamon churro ice cream and dulce de leche sauce mixed with cinnamon churro pieces.
- Coffee Chocolate Brownie with Häagen-Dazs classic coffee ice cream swirled with gooey brownies, espresso chocolate sauce and cocoa nibs.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel with chocolate ice cream and creamy peanut butter mixed with salted pretzel pieces.
On the hunt for a position in F&F? More details here.
Ben & Jerry's launched two non-dairy flavors, Boom Chocolatta and Bananas Foster. Boom Chocolatta features an almond milk-based ice cream in mocha and caramel flavors with fudge flakes and gluten-free cookies around a gluten-free chocolate cookie core. The Bananas Foster flavor is a combination of creamy sunflower butter-based ice cream in cinnamon and banana flavor with crunchy almond toffee and a salted caramel core.
Ben & Jerry's also partnered with Chance the Rapper on the Mint Chocolate Chance ice cream. The ice cream features a mint base with fudge brownie pieces scattered throughout and comes in both dairy and non-dairy options, as well as a sunflower butter-based version.
Blue Bell Ice Cream released a new flavor, Peachy Peach, a creamy peach ice cream with chunks of sweetened peaches.
Cold Stone Creamery partnered with Silk to add a plant-based flavor to Cold Stone’s dessert offerings, Silk Chocolate Almondmilk Frozen Dessert. It is intended to imitate the flavor of chocolate almond milk.
Magnolia and Blue Bell Ice Cream are collaborating on a collection of ice cream flavors exclusive to Magnolia, a brand of Chip and Joana Gaines. The five flavors include:
- Wacotown Vanilla, a sweet and creamy vanilla ice cream.
- Jo's Lemon Pie, a lemon ice cream with whipped cream ice cream and a graham cracker swirl.
- S'mores at the Silos, a milk chocolate ice cream with milk chocolate chunks and swirls of toasted marshmallow sauce and graham cracker.
- Magnolia Press Chocolate Cake, a combination of dark chocolate ice cream and buttercream-flavored ice cream with chocolate cake pieces and a chocolate icing swirl.
- Chip's Salted Caramel Truffle, a caramel-flavored ice cream with milk chocolate-coated salted caramel-filled truffles and a salted caramel sauce.
* U.S. Frozen Desserts Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Ice Cream & Gelato, Water & Fruit Puree Based Frozen Desserts), By Type, By Distribution Channel, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 - 2028