Last month, Flavorcon 2017 wrapped with over 550 people attending the 2.5-day conference and expo, the highest in Flavorcon history.
Taking place from October 24-26, 2017, at the Hyatt Regency O’Hare in Rosemont, Illinois, Flavorcon 2017 hosted an expo hall with more than 40 leading flavor, ingredient, equipment and service suppliers presenting the latest.
Flavorcon’s program was created under the direction of an advisory board of professionals from some of the industry’s leading organizations:
- Ariane Girard-Jouette, fruits and flavors engineer, Danone;
- Mauricio Graber, president, flavor division, Givaudan;
- Tracy Jaico, food scientist, Mondelez;
- Segolene LeClercq, product developer, General Mills;
- Tony Moore, chief flavorist, Flavor Producers;
- Robert Weinstein, president, ingredients, Robertet;
- Marie Wright, VP and chief flavorist, ADM/Wild;
- Deniz Ataman, managing editor, Perfumer & Flavorist magazine; conference director, Flavorcon 2017.
Flavorcon's multi-track sessions included discussions and presentations about the latest flavor topics. Among some of the presentations from the event include:
- Functional beverage trends presented by Ilana Orlofsky, marketing manager for Imbibe,
- A cannabis flavoring panel presented by Jon Fernandez and Sean Arnold of Franklin Bioscience,
- Natural and compliant flavors with Luke Grocholl, regulatory management, Millipore Sigma
- An indepth look at cinnamon with Richard Pisano, Jr., president of Citrus and Allied Essences, Ltd.,
- Deconstructing top beverage trends with Ilana Orlofsky, marketing manager of Imbibe,
- and more.
In response to the increasing conference demand, Perfumer & Flavorist will host Flavorcon annually, rather then every two years. Flavorcon 2018 will take place on November 13-15, 2018, at the Harrah’s Resort in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
“We are excited to share a growing and compelling conference for the flavor industry,” said Deniz Ataman, Perfumer & Flavorist managing editor and Flavorcon conference director. “Flavorcon 2017 was a first in many ways. We’ve expanded our conference to include more food and beverage manufacturers to bring the flavor value chain closer together. And we introduced a dynamic experiential exhibit hall for everyone to meet, talk and taste face to face. We look forward to bringing you a successful conference each year.”