Givaudan has launched its SaniScent Platform, a suite of cross-category hygiene technologies that reinforces hygiene to improve overall health and well being for consumers.
This initiative is powered by consumer insights on consumer attitudes toward hygiene and how the collective psyche has shifted as a result of the pandemic. The SaniScent Platform is designed to provide customers with six technologies that will be able to reassure, protect, reward and reinforce the sense of hygiene in all product categories.
The platform includes:
- SaniScent Essential Oils: Conveying the hygiene message through a collection of essential oils which cover a wide range of olfactive territories.
- SaniScent Pure: A blend of perfumery ingredients exhibiting as secondary benefits, bacteria growth inhibition activity and the potential of reducing virus viability.
- SaniScent Protect: The company’s proprietary technology with a bacteria growth inhibition secondary benefit. It can be used with a wide variety of olfactive directions and has been optimized for cosmetics and personal care products.
- Micellar fragrances: Designing gentle, clean formulations across all categories.
- Hygiene heart capsules: Boosting the hygiene profile of fragrance encapsulation technologies.
- Phytogaia hygiene collection: Natural purification inspired by phytoncides.
Jeremy Compton, global head of Science & Technology for Fragrances, said, "Since the pandemic, consumers have re-prioritized their hygiene and wellbeing. This change in behavior has led to a demand for higher expectations in hygiene offerings that can effectively deliver a strong combination of hygiene and sensorial benefits. The SaniScent Platform is the most comprehensive range of hygiene technologies to date and delivers on this consumer demand by empowering customers to offer end-users olfactive directions across all hygiene and care categories."