Synergy Flavors, Inc. has announced the expansion of its R&D laboratories and other collaboration spaces at Synergy U.S. headquarters in Wauconda, Illinois.
The expansion is designed to help ensure Synergy’s facilities keep up with the high-growth and collaboration needs of both employees and customers.
Highlights of the updates include:
- Increased workspace across three applications facilities, including the establishment of a new nutrition laboratory and the expansion and relocation of the beverage applications facility.
- New beverage thermal processing pilot plant that includes microthermics capabilities.
- New flavor creation lab and expansion of analytical chemistry and sensory facilities.
- New flavor research and technology laboratory to support forward-looking innovation.
- Expansion of conference rooms and tasting table area for collaboration.
The research and development build is part of a series of facility updates Synergy Flavors has undergone since 2018. Synergy Flavors welcomes customers to visit the newly designed space, with safety protocols in place that align with the CDC and local government recommendations.
Mike Brown, vice president of Research, Development and Innovation at Synergy Flavors, said, “We are excited about the new additions to our research and development space at Synergy and look forward to continuously investing in our R&D facility to better serve our customers and employees alike. We look forward to working side-by-side with our customers in this inviting new space.”