McCormick & Co. has released its annual McCormick Grill Mates Flavor Forecast 2015: Grilling Edition, which features grilled flavor trends ranging from a reverse sear technique for chicken to beyond-basic burger toppings like grilled avocado, mango slaw and Sriracha mayonnaise.
"For example, with our Backyard Brunch trend, we use cedar planks for more than just salmon," said Kevan Vetter, a chef of the McCormick Kitchens. "Try cracking an egg into a cut-out hole in toast set on a plank, then sprinkle with an applewood rub for smoky grilled flavor."
The trends from the McCormick Grill Mates Flavor Forecast 2015: Grilling Edition are:
- Backyard Brunch—Bacon and eggs made outside on the grill for bolder brunch favorites with smoky flavor.
- Grilling Salts—Shake up classic salt and pepper by adding ingredients like smoked spices, citrus peel and even bacon to bring big texture and flavor before and after grilling.
- Reverse Sear—Banish dry chicken by starting with low heat for evenly cooked, juicy meat, then turn up the flames for a quick, crispy char.
- Smokin' Veggie Starters—Upgrade basic veggies and dip with bright colors and flavors.
- Boss Burgers—Add flavors like brown sugar bourbon or shawarma to meat, then build with unique toppers and condiments like grilled avocado, mango slaw or lime mayo to create the ultimate burger.