Givaudan has redefined its purpose, which is now, “Creating for happier, healthier lives with love for nature. Let’s imagine together. It includes four focuses: creation, nature, people and communities. The redefined purpose is the result of insights collected from more than 500 stakeholders.
As the company prepares for the next strategic cycle, it hopes to become a climate-positive business before 2050 and to double its business with “creations contributing to happier, healthier lives” by 2030. The company plans to measure its achievements and regularly report its progress.
- In addition to continuing to focus on providing consumer preferred products, Givaudan plans to utilize capabilities it obtained through acquisitions to expand offerings and move into new markets
- Becoming climate-positive by 2050 and before 2040, operations will be climate-positive
- Replacing all single-use plastics with eco-friendly alternatives before 2030. By 2030, Givaudan previously committed to reducing carbon emissions from its operations by 70% and supply chain emissions by 20%, as well as by 2025, to using 100% renewable energy
- Before 2025, Givaudan will be rated among inclusion leaders globally
- Before 2030, 50% of the company’s senior leaders will be from high growth markets and 50% will be women
- Reducing recordable injuries by 50% before 2025, and further improving its support of mental and physical health during the same period
- Set the ambition to improve millions of lives in communities where Givaudan sources and operates by 2030
- Set the ambition to source all materials/services while protecting people and the environment by 2030 (alongside the goal that 100% of raw materials will be responsibly sourced by 2030)
“At Givaudan, for the last 250 years our creations have inspired emotions and touched millions of lives,” said CEO Gilles Andrier. “By defining the ‘why’ behind what we do, we are providing a compass to further guide our choices and set strategic goals. Our purpose and supporting ambitions will drive sustainable, long-term performance while leading the way to improve happiness and health for people and nature.”