International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (IFF) has published its 2014 sustainability report, "Cultivating the Future," which details strategic initiatives that strengthen corporate, social and environmental responsibility throughout the organization for the calendar year 2014.
The highlights include:
- Recognized by the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) for leadership in climate disclosure
- Surpassed its 2020 water reduction goal of 25% and increased the goal to 50%, thereby setting a leadership pace in water stewardship
- Completed installation of the largest solar array in the flavors and fragrances industry by partnering with a leading solar supplier
- Institutionalized its commitment to the 12 Principles of Green Chemistry, an important differentiator in product design, by expanding training to its scientists and engineers globally (IFF spoke about utilizing the 12 Principles of Green Chemistry during the 2014 World Perfumery Congress (WPC). Read more in P&F's April 2014 issue).
- Increased its commitment to responsible sourcing through the purchase of natural ethic vanilla beans from Madagascar and supported the construction of a local primary school
- Led the industry by achieving Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) Supply Chain Certification for its key facilities in the United States, the United Kingdom and the Netherlands
- Achieved For Life Social Responsibility certification for IFF-LMR Naturals and its partner in Turkey