Net income rose 1.1% to €5.2 million. Regional and business segment results were mixed.
- Nutrition & health grew organically mainly due to the plan launched in the United States at the end of 2014 to recapture growth along with good performances in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Europe remains a major focus of attention and a plan for re-energizing business development has already been launched.
- Food & beverage is performing well in the United States, benefiting from both the strong contribution by Vegetable Juices Inc. and also the continuing market transition in favor of natural foods.
- Europe in contrast was hurt by the high base effect in relation to the 2014 first quarter in an environment that is still sluggish.
- The company's personal care business has virtually doubled.