Member and non-member nominations for The Fragrance Foundations’ 2020 Awards are now open, and the organization has introduced four new categories in recognition of the industry’s evolving landscape and inventive product debuts.
Related: 2019 Fragrance Foundation Awards Winners and Highlights
In recognition of the growing gender-neutral sector, the addition of Universal Fragrance of the Year – awarded at the luxury and prestige price points – and Universal Packaging categories are open to fragrances that are not marketed as men’s or women’s. Also, the Innovative Fragrance Product of the Year category is now open to fragrance products with new delivery systems and application methods.
As goes for the Fragrance of the Year Award for the men's and women's categories, in the Universal category, the luxury subcategory has a suggested retail price of $140 and up for a 3.4 oz/100 mL bottle and the prestige subcategory has a suggested retail price between $71 and $139 for a 3.4 oz/100 mL bottle.
Similarly, the Universal Packaging of the Year Award will be evaluated based on fragrance bottle design and secondary packaging, as it is for the men's and women's categories.
The entry deadline is January 24, 2020 and winners will be announced at The Fragrance Foundation Awards Luncheon on April 3, 2020 or at The Fragrance Foundation Awards gala on June 4, 2020.
Nomination categories for 2020 Awards
- Fragrance of the Year–Universal (Luxury and Prestige)
- Fragrance of the Year–Women's (Luxury and Prestige)
- Fragrance of the Year–Men's (Luxury and Prestige)
- Fragrance of the Year–Popular
- Fragrance Hall of Fame of the Year
- Bath &Body Line of the Year
- Candle & Home Collection of the Year
- Candle & Home Holiday Product of the Year
Expert Panel Voting
- Innovative Fragrance Product of the Year
- Universal Packaging of the Year
- Women's Packaging of the Year
- Men's Packaging of the Year
- Perfume Extraordinaire of the Year
- Indie Fragrance of the Year
- Breakout Star of the Year
- Media Campaign of the Year–Women's
- Media Campaign of the Year–Men's
- Fragrance Editorial of the Year–Print
- Fragrance Editorial of the Year–Digital
- Consumer Choice–Women's Prestige
- Consumer Choice–Women's Popular
- Consumer Choice–Men's