The Research Institute for Fragrance Materials, Inc., (RIFM) and Creme Global partnered to develop an aggregate exposure model for fragrance materials (i.e., the total exposure coming from all different sources).
This model looks at the exposure resulting from different fragrance materials used across various cosmetic, personal, household and air care products.
Some benefits of the model include:
- Assess contaminant exposure and risk
- Understand new fragrance chemical exposures
- Identify exposures to residuals in the manufacturing process
- Demonstrate safe exposures to the consumer for various chosen geographies and population segments
- Provide insights on reformulations of both consumer products and fragrance mixtures based on simulating exposures under different use scenarios
- Provide marketing insights for all RIFM members by understanding the volume of products on the market and use profiles and the relative source contribution of different product categories (using Kantar World Panel data)