Monin Americas has announced five flavor trends for 2024, which are expected to shape food and beverage menus next year.
The trends are pinpointed through an in-depth analysis of information from four key areas: leading data partners, proprietary and secondary research, industry insights and customer data points.
- Under the Influenc[er]: 72% of consumers say they are curious to try new foods, flavors and dishes they find online to “see what the hype is about,” with nearly 80% of Gen Z willing to try menu items just because they saw it on social media, according to Datassential.
- Timeless Temptations: According to Mintel, 72% of consumers enjoy things that remind them of their childhood. Consumers want retro and indulgent flavors reinterpreted for modern palates.
- Kitchen Meets Bar: Savory ingredients and techniques from the dinner menu are moving to beverage. Techniques like clarifying, brûléeing and fat washing, as well as smoking, charring and fermentation will be transferred to the beverage space.
- Flavor Journey: Flavors of Southeast Asia and Central America will influence beverage and culinary menus as consumers look to embark on a global flavor journey from the comfort of local establishments.
- Next Gen Now: According to Dataessential, 23% of millennials and Gen Z are considered “blenders," ordering both cocktails and mocktails. The next generation is said to comprise of mindful consumers.