Bell Flavors & Fragrances has announced its selections for its 2015 Spark trends for flavors and fragrances.
The flavor trends featured in this year’s edition of Spark include:
- The Well-Traveled Kitchen—Bell found that consumers’ pantries mirror their travels and taste ambitions. Look for flavors from the Middle East and Southeast Asia.
- From Scratch—Consumers are drawn to traditional techniques and appreciate artisanal products, according to Bell. Think craft beer, fermentation and smoke flavors.
- Be Fit—Health and wellness are the cornerstone of Millennial and Boomers food choices. Herbal teas and fresh herbs are making an impression.
In addition to the above flavor trends, Bell’s Spark trends looked into color (Black) and the future for flavors, technology, packaging and ingredients.
The fragrance trends featured in this year’s edition of Spark include:
- Metals—the unexpected fragrance note.
- Urban Adventurer—captures the essence of India’s culture and scents. Think spicy and aromatic notes.
- Signature Scent—Inspired by the popularity of personalization, this trend explores the ideas of layering and one note fragrance influences.
- Culinary Crossover—Inspired by simple, yet purposeful, ingredients such as sea salt, peppercorns and honey.
In addition, to the above fragrance trends, Bell’s Spark trends looked into color (Pantone 2015 Color of the Year: Marsala) and the future for fragrances, technology, packaging and ingredients.