Day 1 of Flavorcon begins! Don’t have your ticket yet? No sweat, registration is still open and you can even grab a ticket at the door!
Just in case you’ve missed our announcements regarding the session line-up, here’s a quick recap of what’s on the menu at this year’s event for day one. Many of this year’s speakers plan to present with samples, so be sure to prep your palate. Visit www.flavorcon.com to view all speaker bios and session details.
Wednesday, November 8
- “Mouthfeel: The Next Frontier in Flavor Perception” with senior research fellow at Monell Chemical Senses Center, Linda Flammer, Ph.D.
- "Filtering Flavors – The Back to Basics for Achieving Sustainability in Your Process" with Pall Corporation technical specialist, Global Technical Services, Food & Beverage, Marina Ferreira.
- “How to Apply Taste and Smell Neuroscience to Create Taste Modulators” with CEO at W2O Food Innovation, Alex Woo.
- “The Current State of Flavor Creation and How We Can Improve It” with CEO at Intellex, Jason McCaw, alongside scientist, inventor and business owner at Fields of Gold Consulting LLC, Steve Leusner.
- “New Upcycling Technology Results in Stable Supply of Circular Fatty Acids” with the commercial manager at ChainCraft, Jeroen van Dorp.
- “The Harmony of Taste from the 18th Century Perspective” with principal flavorist at Symrise., Sam Tharpe.
- “Dry Rubs and Modern BBQ Flavors” author, expert judge, BBQ Hall of Famer, Ray Lampe, aka Dr. BBQ.
- “Best Practices for Mentoring Flavor Chemists” with moderator Marie Wright (ADM) and panelists Katie Crowley (ADM), Richard Dandrea (Robertet), Jenifer Augelli (Givaudan) and Alpa Roman (Lucta).
- "The Margarita Mocktail" with Sensient Flavors & Extracts Flavor Innovation and Analytical manager Liz Kreger, Ph.D.
- “The Trick to Dealcoholizing Wine Without Compromising Flavor” with flavor chemist at Surely Wines, Michael Colangelo.
If you are in the Midwest be sure to use the code MIDWESTFLV for a special discounted rate for both flavorists and suppliers to attend Flavorcon 2023!
The two-day conference will include a series of data/analytics presentations, interactive educational talks and panel discussions featuring some of the industry’s leading experts. Attendees will come away inspired with new tools and connections to create flavorful wins and products consumers love.
Perks: Breakfast and lunch are included in your ticket, as well as happy hour on day one (November 8).