Join us and celebrate the beauty of human experience. Create for happier, healthier lives, with love for nature. Together, with our customers, we deliver food innovations, craft inspired fragrances and develop beauty and wellbeing solutions. There’s much to learn and many to learn from, with more than 16,000 employees around the world to explore ideas and ambitions with. In the USA, we develop, market and produce a wide array of solutions from our 25 most innovative sites, based across the country. Stretch your skills, create and get inspiration from passionate colleagues. Every day, your energy, your thirst for knowledge, and your creativity will shape our future, making a positive difference on billions of people. Every essence of you enriches our world. We are Givaudan. Human by nature.
Reporting to our Global Head Chemicals Management & Compliance Act as Americas Senior Expert in questions and solutions in the area of Chemicals Management & Compliance ensuring Leadership and Governance and Technical advise for the following subject matter topics at regional level:
Controlled Products & Dangerous Goods (CP & DG); Product Stewardship, Hazard Classification and Hazard Communication - GHS labeling and SDS Regulations; Hazardous Materials Warehousing, Emergency Response Management and Transport Security (WETS).
Establish technical advice to the Americas region to ensure compliance with occupational health & safety, environmental and transport regulations by developing policies and processes.
Support appropriate AMERICAS in all occupational health & safety, environmental and transport practices by developing training and auditing capabilities in the area of Chemicals Management & Compliance.
Build stakeholders relationship and collaborate with main functions such as Commercial, S&T, Creation & Application, Regulatory, Trade Affairs, Procurement, Operations (Supply Chain, Logistics and Transportation) and Corporate Ethics and Compliance Office.
You will influence and advise for AMERICAS region for all deliverables defined by the Company and EHS strategy.
- Assess current compliance state and the business requirements of the Chemicals Management & Compliance subject matter topics within AMERICAS region and ensure alignment with Global CMC strategy.
- Ensure AMERICAS Governance for EHS CoE Chemicals Management & Compliance proactively engaging with key stakeholders
- Represent Givaudan interests in the area of of the Chemicals Management & Compliance subject matter topics with authorities and industry associations in AMERICAS.
- Advise management on Chemicals Management & Compliance subject matter topics to ensure compliance to emerging regulatory developments relevant to occupational health & safety, environmental and transport.
- Coordinate and support the implementation of global directives and guidelines on Chemicals Management & Compliance in AMERICAS sites
- Ensure communication across the region and to Global EHS of relevant updates on AMERICAS legal requirements, acting as Chemicals Management & Compliance EHS regulatory change management lead in the region
- Ensure Givaudan systems provides consistent and compliant product safety information with existing applicable AMERICAS and Global Regulations and, where appropriate, corporate and industry guidelines.
- Support AMERICAS Business to ensure implementation of new CMC related regulations, considering legal enforcement deadlines and requirements.
- Report and follow-up of SAP EHS system and feedback to Global EHS CoE CMC and ITBP to ensure timely issues management
- Communicate with applicable emergency response agencies for AMERICAS and Manage any emergency event occurred in DG Transportation, especially Finished Goods Transportation in the region.
- Provide technical advice and training on all CMC subject matter topics, When needed, set up written guidance its implementation by the business, and perform random checks such as audits and site inspections, as agreed /scheduled.
- Promote Continuous Improvement on CMC matters to provide improved support to business. Improving measures for the AMERICAS sites and to recommend improvement to SAP EHS impacting AMERICAS business.
- Ensure Drug Precursors compliance visibility in the region
- University degree in chemistry / biochemistry / food chemistry or equivalent.
- 5+ years of AMERICAS region industry experience in the area of Chemicals Mgt and Compliance.
- Fluent English and Spanish
- Certified dangerous goods safety advisor (IMDG, IATA, GHS, and local regulations)
- Knowledge of chemical regulations globally especially for GHS and DG
- Chemistry and product safety knowledge
- Familiar with AMERICAS (South, Central and North) applicable EHS regulations and codes of practices
Our benefits include medical, dental, vision and a high matching 401k plan
At Givaudan, you contribute to delightful taste and scent experiences that touch people’s lives. You work within an inspiring teamwork culture – where you can thrive, collaborate and learn from other talented and passionate people across disciplines, regions and divisions. Every essence of you enriches our world. Diversity drives innovation and creates closer connections with our employees, customers and partners. Givaudan embraces diversity and is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone impacts our world.
Visit jobs.givaudan.com to apply.