EFSA Adopts Strategic Plan 2009–2013
January 20, 2009
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Regulatory
- 281Campbell Starts to Label 'GMO'
- 168FDA Dissuades Using ‘GMO’ Acronym on Labels
- 146Flavorchem Launches Line of Non-GMO Ingredients
- 1396th Edition of Food Chemical Codex Now Open-Source
- 66Update: Flavor Under Fire in E-Cigarettes
- 45OEHHA Intends to List β-Myrcene and Pulegone as Cancer Causing
- 44European Commission Orders to Remove Perilla Aldehyde Flavoring
- 34EFSA: Citrus Flavor Perilla Aldehyde is Unsafe, Genotoxic
- 27FEMA GRAS 26 Now Available
- 27FEMA GRAS 27 List Adds New Materials, Nixes Quinoline and More
The European Food Safety Authority’s (EFSA; Parma, Italy) management board has adopted a five-year strategic plan to maximise the benefits of its scientific expertise across Europe. Budgeted at €73 million, the plan aims to strengthen EFSA’ integrated approach to risk assessment and provide relevant, up-to-the-minute scientific advice to the region’s decision makers. Additionally, the organization has initiated a management plan to keep pace with the increased demands of the food and feed safety industry.
- How to: Organic Certification
5/13/2009, Jessica Walden and Ellen Holton, Quality Assurance International Inc.
- Ensuring Regulatory Compliance for Flavor Companies
1/9/2009, Patty Benson, SAFC
- A Structured Approach toward Standardized Specifications for the Flavor Industry
3/18/2009, G. Lösing, B. Ebeling, J. Foerstner, R. Althage, C.O. Schmidt and G.E. Krammer, Symrise
- Naturally Does It
11/16/2009, Steve Pringle (with John Gilroy), Frutarom USA
- NEXT: Commoditization and Food/Flavor Safety
1/13/2010, Jeb Gleason-Allured, Editor