Codex Report on Food Additives
June 2, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Regulatory
- 237Campbell Starts to Label 'GMO'
- 176FDA Dissuades Using ‘GMO’ Acronym on Labels
- 156Flavorchem Launches Line of Non-GMO Ingredients
- 1106th Edition of Food Chemical Codex Now Open-Source
- 92Update: Flavor Under Fire in E-Cigarettes
- 36OEHHA Intends to List β-Myrcene and Pulegone as Cancer Causing
- 34FDA Asks Public How to Define 'Natural'?
- 29FEMA Updates GRAS List
- 29EFSA: Citrus Flavor Perilla Aldehyde is Unsafe, Genotoxic
- 28FEMA GRAS 26 Now Available
Please find linked below the Report of the Fortieth Session of the Codex Committee on Food Additives (163 pages) which contains information on the food additive provisions and guidelines for the use of flavorings. The provisions regarding food additives are found at pages 97–103; the guidelines for the use of flavorings at pages 104–119 and information on substances used as processing aids can be found at pages 120–133. Click here to view the document. (Source: FEMA)
- How to: Organic Certification
5/13/2009, Jessica Walden and Ellen Holton, Quality Assurance International Inc.
- Ensuring Regulatory Compliance for Flavor Companies
1/9/2009, Patty Benson, SAFC
- A Structured Approach toward Standardized Specifications for the Flavor Industry
3/18/2009, G. Lösing, B. Ebeling, J. Foerstner, R. Althage, C.O. Schmidt and G.E. Krammer, Symrise
- Naturally Does It
11/16/2009, Steve Pringle (with John Gilroy), Frutarom USA
- NEXT: Commoditization and Food/Flavor Safety
1/13/2010, Jeb Gleason-Allured, Editor