The past two years will certainly go down as among the most challenging in the history of the flavor and fragrance industries. The impact of global natural disasters—earthquakes in Haiti, Japan and Indonesia, floods in Northern India, and a drought in Brazil, for example—have contributed to significant raw material shortages. Limited supply is naturally affecting those producers who have chose to adopt a just-in-time (JIT) production strategy. The question is why is has found favor with many manufacturers. And how exactly is this effect impacting the flavor and fragrance industry as a whole?
Is Just-in-Time Enough?
June 24, 2011
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Company News
- 1289WPC 2016 Announces the Finalists for the TFS Sandalwood Perfume Competition
- 906WPC Refresh: Photos Now Live on Facebook
- 853First Look: Who's Attending the 2016 World Perfumery Congress?
- 846WPC and the American Society of Perfumers Announce Big News
- 582The Power of Scents and Brands
- 540Now Hiring: Senior Perfumer and Evaluator
- 538WPC Exclusive: Interview with Torsten Kulke on Regulation and Sustainability
- 510Now Hiring: Senior Perfumer
- 427Scents and Sustainability: World Perfumery Congress 2016 Explores a Greener, Cleaner Fragrant Future
- 276Fragrance Foundation Awards: And the Winners Are...