RIFM Human Health Group to Review Alkyl Cyclic Ketones
Posted: August 8, 2011
An independent expert panel has made a call for information on fragrance ingredients from the RIFM Human Health Group Summary on alkyl cyclic ketones. The materials, which will be reviewed in September 2011, include:
- 1-(3,3-Dimethylcyclohexyl)ethan-1-one (CAS# 25304-14-7)
- Methyl 2,6,10-trimethylcyclododeca-2,5,9-trien-1-yl ketone (CAS# 28371-99-5)
- 1-(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8-Octahydro-2,3,8,8-tetramethyl-2-naphthalenyl)ethanone (CAS#’s 54464-57-2, 68155-66-8, 68155-67-9)
- 1-(5,5-Dimethyl-1-cyclohexen-1-yl)pent-4-en-1-one (CAS# 56973-85-4)
- Acetyl cedrene (CAS# 32388-55-9)
- And 1-(2,6,6-Trimethyl-2-cyclohexen-1-yl)pent-1-en-3-one - CAS# 7779-30-8.
Information regarding these fragrance materials should be submitted by e-mail to Dr. Ladd Smith by August 25 to be considered for the September meeting.