Symrise's Chrysantheme (CAS# 69929-17-5; 1-(2,4-dimethylcyclohex-3-en-1-yl)-2,2-dimethylpropan-1-one) is a fragrance material that offers an intense green note similar to that of chrysanthemum leaves, with fruity, grapefruitlike accents. It helps create an elegant bitterness in grapefruit and coniferous accords, as well as offering complexity and depth to white floral scents. It can also help offer a lively fruitiness when blended with lactones. It is recommended for use at levels of 0.05–3% in a range of applications.
March 13, 2012
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Synthetic
- 47Fragrance Creation: Gardenia in Perfumery
- 47Schiff Bases — A Primer
- 32Perfumer’s Notes: Javanol
- 28Aldehydes and Acetals - Part 1
- 26Sandalwood Nature Identical Essential Oil
- 16From the F&F Experts: Aldehydes
- 13Perfumery Insight: Cyclamen Aldehyde
- 12Preparation of Fragrant Allyl Esters