Bell Flavors & Fragrances’ γ-decalactone, natural (FEMA# 2360, CAS# 706-14-9) is a clear, colorless to pale yellow liquid that has applications in both flavor and fragrance. Featuring a coconut-peach odor and powerful, creamy-fruity, peachlike taste in concentrations below 5 ppm—and even perceptible well below 0.2 ppm—it can be added to floral perfume compositions, particularly those of gardenia and other heavy floral types. For flavor, it can be used in peach, mango, strawberry and chocolate compositions.
January 25, 2012
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Natural
- 206Progress in Essential Oils: Silver Fir or Abies alba oil
- 65Progress in Essential Oils: Spike Lavender
- 60Progress in Essential Oils: Santolina Oil, Solidago canadensis Oil and More
- 44Progress in Essential Oils: Lemon Verbena Oil
- 32Indian Sandalwood Returns to the Perfumer’s Palette
- 27Growing Indian Sandalwood in Australia
- 18Sustainable Raw Materials in Nepal
- 17Rose Oil in Kashmiri India
- 14Intoxicating Jasmine: There’s No Substitute for the Real Thing
- 12Progress in Essential Oils
- Material review: In Search of Rocky Mountain Juniper
4/6/2016, Éva-Marie Lind, Floracopeia
- Material review: Searching for the Real Ravensara (Ravensara aromatica Sonn.) Essential Oil
4/6/2016, Hector Juliani
- Progress in Essential Oils
4/6/2016, Brian M. Lawrence
- Armoise-Artemesia Herba Alba
4/13/2016, Seymour Lemberg, PhD
- Gas chromatographic examination of an essential oil of Santolina chamaecyparissus L.
4/14/2016, L. N. Misra, M. S. Siddiqui, S. K. Srivastava, B. P. Dimri