Bell Flavors & Fragrances’ γ-decalactone, natural (FEMA# 2360, CAS# 706-14-9) is a clear, colorless to pale yellow liquid that has applications in both flavor and fragrance. Featuring a coconut-peach odor and powerful, creamy-fruity, peachlike taste in concentrations below 5 ppm—and even perceptible well below 0.2 ppm—it can be added to floral perfume compositions, particularly those of gardenia and other heavy floral types. For flavor, it can be used in peach, mango, strawberry and chocolate compositions.
January 12, 2012
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Natural
- 638Growing Indian Sandalwood in Australia
- 41Progress in Essential Oils: Long Pepper Oil
- 37IFEAT/RIFM First Results of Essential Oil Safety Testing Complete
- 32Material review: Kashmir Lavender Oil
- 30Progress in Essential Oils
- 24Estrogenic Activity in Lavender and Tea Tree Oils, Part I & II
- 22Amyris Advances with Second Fragrance Molecule
- 21Progress in Essential Oils: February 2012
- 17Progress in Essential Oils
- 12Pear Ester: Ethyl (E,Z)-2,4-decadienoate
- Historical Perspective: The Indian Essential Oil Industry
4/30/2009, Rishabh C. Kothari, CKC Fragrances & Flavours Pvt. Ltd.
- Essential Oils: Prospects for Supplier Consolidation
1/19/2009, Gueric Boucard, Texarome, Inc.
- The Three Pillars of Smart Sustainability
2/27/2009, Jeb Gleason-Allured, Editor
- Immortelle’s Sustainable Resurgence
4/10/2009, Pierre-Jean Hellivan, Charabot
- Orris: A Star of Inspiration
6/15/2009, Pierre-Jean Hellivan, Charabot