3-(4-Ethylphenyl)-2,2-dimethylpropionaldehyde (F-1) is a colorless to pale yellow liquid, which exists as the main isomer (60–80%) in the product consisting of an ortho isomer (15–35%) and a meta isomer (ca. 5%) (F-2). It is prepared by condensation of 1-chloromethyl-4-ethylbenzene (tech.) with isobutyraldehyde in the presence of a phase transfer catalyst as shown in F-3.1,2
Aroma Chemical Profiles
April 10, 2009
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Multi-use
- 176The Role of Fragrance in Product Development
- 113Patent Pick: Scent-driven 'Time Travel'
- 70Scensing Cleanliness: Fragrance for Better Living
- 46Free Article Download: IFRA Reveals a Fragrance Formula ... in Defense of Trade Secrets
- 24Formula for Success: Innovation in Fragrance
- 15EXCLUSIVE EXCERPT: Eternity: Ideas and Evolution
- 14The Evolving Links Between Scent and Color
- 10Sandalwood and Sandalwood Compounds
- 10Honeysuckle in Perfumery and Cosmetics
- 10The Role of Fragrances in Household Products