Most Popular in Fragrance
- 1243Essential Oils & Lavender Farmers Affected by Regulations
- 917World Essential Oil Market Expected to Reach $11.5 billion by 2022
- 909Natural Fragrance Ingredient Market Worth $5.3 Billion by 2024
- 752Global Aroma Chemicals Stays Fresh Through 2021
- 713The Psychology of Perfume: Art vs. Science Commentary
- 663Will all of Our Flowers be Gone?
- 616Biological Scent Design
- 588Smell the Perfume at the Grand Musée du Parfum
- 579CPL Aromas Launches Aroma Captives
- 505Preserving Perfumed History at Osmotheque of Versailles
Recent in Fragrance (page 5 of 32)
Utilizing one's sense of smell is important not only to understand certain tastes, but also to perceive the world. Some people can detect between 10,000 and 100 billion or even more smells, according to research.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has sent 10 warning letters to online marketers selling products that claim they provide protection from the Zika virus without the scientific data to back it up.
Similar to how physical therapy can restore function to damaged muscles, the non-invasive technique called smell-training can aid people with partial olfactory loss and anosmia.
8/2/2016 | Amy Marks-McGee
Industry perfumers muse about the rare Indian sandalwood’s (Santalum album) earthy and complex notes sought after in fine fragrance formulations.
8/2/2016 | Pia Long
The biggest emerging fragrance trend isn’t fragrance.
8/2/2016 | Jay Katz, Rhoda Makled and Deborah Wright
Portable device emulates in-use malodor experiences to advance product development.
8/2/2016 | Olivia Jezler
Do we have more to offer our sense of smell than the next niche fragrance?
The U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases is sponsoring the research to test nootkatone against mosquitoes carrying the Zika virus.
According to a study by Kline, the U.S. home fragrance market is in one of its strongest positions with the strongest growth since 2010 in 2015.
In a recent international survey conducted by IFRA UK and the European Cleaning Journal (ECJ), fragrance is considered to be one of the most important factors for cleaning products.
Amanda Nguyen will join IFRA North America as the director of government affairs and legal, effective July 25.
In a WPC exclusive, Felix Buccellato, founder and perfumer, Custom Essence Inc., sits down with P&F to share how his jasmine sambac findings can be applied to perfumery.