Most Popular in Fragrance
- 1619What Scent Trends are Millennials Looking for in 2017?
- 1220Waft This Way: Women’s Fragrance Trends Report
- 1065Freshen Up Your Perfume Knowledge With Fragrance Academy
- 636Indian Sandalwood Returns to the Perfumer’s Palette
- 531The beginner face to face with the perfumer’s palette
- 523Endpoint. Thinking Outside the Perfume Bottle
- 449How Millennial Men are Influencing the Fragrance Market
- 443Art of perfumery: Exposing the Perfumer
- 418Sense and the Subconscious: Is Liking Enough?
- 304Female Fragrance Market to Continue Blooming through 2024
Recent in Fragrance (page 6 of 32)
This year's fragrance trends offer a new spritz to rose, gourmand and powdery notes.
Utilizing one's sense of smell is important not only to understand certain tastes, but also to perceive the world. Some people can detect between 10,000 and 100 billion or even more smells, according to research.
Similar to how physical therapy can restore function to damaged muscles, the non-invasive technique called smell-training can aid people with partial olfactory loss and anosmia.
8/2/2016 | Amy Marks-McGee
Industry perfumers muse about the rare Indian sandalwood’s (Santalum album) earthy and complex notes sought after in fine fragrance formulations.
8/2/2016 | Pia Long
The biggest emerging fragrance trend isn’t fragrance.
8/2/2016 | Jay Katz, Rhoda Makled and Deborah Wright
Portable device emulates in-use malodor experiences to advance product development.
8/2/2016 | Olivia Jezler
Do we have more to offer our sense of smell than the next niche fragrance?
According to a study by Kline, the U.S. home fragrance market is in one of its strongest positions with the strongest growth since 2010 in 2015.
The U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases is sponsoring the research to test nootkatone against mosquitoes carrying the Zika virus.
In a recent international survey conducted by IFRA UK and the European Cleaning Journal (ECJ), fragrance is considered to be one of the most important factors for cleaning products.
Amanda Nguyen will join IFRA North America as the director of government affairs and legal, effective July 25.
In a WPC exclusive, Felix Buccellato, founder and perfumer, Custom Essence Inc., sits down with P&F to share how his jasmine sambac findings can be applied to perfumery.