More in flavor trends.
Sensient Flavors (Indianapolis) has announced the top 10 beverage flavor trends for 2010:
- Baobab, a fruit native to Africa that features a high-antioxidant and vitamin-C content and a tart lemony profile.
- Caja, a Brazilian fruit with a tropical citrus profile and high carotenoid content.
- Cape gooseberry, a fruit native to South America, which has a sweet and tangy taste.
- Elderflower, a fruit found in warmer parts of Europe and North America, which has a lightly sweet flavor.
- Kumquat, a fruit originating in China that features tastes ranging from sweet to sour to salty.
- Lulo, a fruit native to South America that has a unique citrus taste.
- Maqui, a South American fruit that could be the next superfruit phenomenon due to its antioxidant content.
- Marula, a southern African fruit that has a juicy, tart flavor and a high level of vitamin C.
- Mora berry, a Colombian fruit that is sweet and tart, with similarities to raspberry and blackberry.
- Umbu, a Brazilian fruit that has a sweetly aromatic flavor.