Natural Advantage has introduced natural 2-methylbutyraldehyde (FEMA #2691, CAS# 96-17-3), a colorless to pale yellow liquid chiral that occurs in apples, cheddar cheese, cocoa, coffee, eggs, fish, grapes and wheat bread. It features a sweet, chocolatelike taste and has applications in chocolate, coffee, fruit, bread, cheese, caramel, buttermilk, rum, roasted nut, tea, tomato and tobacco flavors. It is recommended for use at levels of 0.05–8.00 ppm.
October 5, 2011
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Natural
- 143What Will Be the New Definition of 'Natural'?
- 112Organic Flavor Clarification
- 105Report: APAC Is Fastest Growing Food Additive Market
- 65Natural Raw Materials for Natural WONF Flavors
- 29Mint: Perspectives from Field to Formulation
- 28Evolva Introduces Zero-Cal. Sweetener
- 28Monk Fruit Juice Launched as Sugar Substitute
- 22Progress in Essential Oils: Lavender Oil
- 21Flavor Bites: 2-Acetyl Pyrazine
- 14Caproic Acid
- Market Overview: Vibrant India
4/30/2009, Sant Sanganeria, Ultra International Limited
- Progress in Essential Oils
3/5/2010, Brian M. Lawrence
- Raw Material Bulletin: CSA Roundtable
7/29/2010, Jeb Gleason-Allured
- Reformulating the Future
10/28/2010, Jeb Gleason-Allured
- Better Botanical Extracts Through Advanced Extraction Technology
11/15/2010, Armin Prahst, Teawolf