With a strong, popcornlike odor that also includes sweet roasted almond notes, CTC Organics' 5.7-dihydro-2-methylthieno (3,4-d) pyrimidine (FEMA# 3338, CAS# 36267-71-7) can be added to savory flavors such as roasted meat and nuts, as well as confectionary flavors such as carmel and butterscotch. Its average maximum recommended use is 1 ppm in applications including breakfast cereals, frozen dairy, condiments, baked goods, milk products and soft candy.
5.7-Dihydro-2-methylthieno (3,4-d) Pyrimidine
June 3, 2011
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Natural
- 301The Future of Artificial Flavors & Ingredients
- 155Progress in Essential Oils: Spanish Marjoram Oil
- 145Organic Flavor Clarification
- 127Mane Launches Authentic and Fresh Herb Range
- 58Clean Labels Grow Into 2022
- 57The Continuing Evolution of Terpene Products and Specialties
- 44Natural Raw Materials for Natural WONF Flavors
- 36Sustainability in Madagascar's Vanilla Supply Chain
- 31Flavor Bites: 2-Acetyl Pyrazine
- 28A Natural and a Pod: Commonalities in Vanilla and Tea Processing
- Organoleptic Characteristics of Flavor Materials: January 2005
5/5/2016, Gerard Mosciano
- Raw Material Bulletin: May 2016
- Progress in Essential Oils: Tagetes Oil
5/10/2016, Brian M. Lawrence
- Organoleptic Characteristics of Flavor Materials - July 2016
7/6/2016, Judith Michalski
- U.S. Vanilla Regulations—Time for an Update?
8/2/2016, Krishna Bala and Patrick Dunphy