Most Popular in Flavor
- 706Five Exotic Fruit Flavor Trends from All Over the World
- 5632016 Booming Craft Beer Trends
- 486Forward Thinking: Sensory Sensations
- 371Flavor Bites: Benzyl acetate
- 350Resveratrol Launched to European Markets
- 347Rio 2016 Summer Olympics Brings Anticipated New Brazilian Flavors
- 347President Signs GMO Labeling Bill into Law; Industry Sighs on Uniformity
- 306FDA Issues Final Rule on GRAS
- 270Molecule of the Month: Nootkatone
- 262Patent Pick: Pet Food Flavor Additives
Recent in Flavor (page 30 of 50)
Séralini et al., which had previously released discredited reports about potential toxicity of genetically modified maize, have published another report: "Major pesticides are more toxic to human cells than their declared active principles."
The study in the Current Opinion in Lipidology also said pooled analyses showed fructose may have important advantages over glucose for body weight, glycemic control and blood pressure.
1/30/2014 | Jean-Jacques Étienne
Cinnamon, patchouli, vetiver, osmanthus, extraction techniques and more.
In all three experiments, participants could use the sense of smell to discriminate different levels of fat in the milk.
General Mills has filed a patent for dough formulations that use less sodium and more health-oriented fats.
Mintel and Leatherhead Food Research expect the value of stevia as an additive for use in food and beverage manufacturing to grow to $275 million by 2017.
The trend, which highlights the inventive ways urban home cooks with limited space are still creating bold flavor, has helped cultivate a new kind of cooking.
“Sugar is the new tobacco."
Bell Flavors & Fragrances has revealed its trend themes for 2014 which include sweet meets savory as well as sweet and spicy.
Senomyx has been assigned a U.S. patent 8,609,173 for "compositions comprising sweetness enhancers and methods of making them."
Emerging trends include chili, modern masala, clever compact cooking and more.
12/23/2013 | Jeb Gleason-Allured, Editor in Chief
Sustainability, green chemistry, biotech, mint, citrus, China’s F&F industry and more.