Arthur Burnham, perfumer and founder of Arthur Burnham & Partners Ltd., has passed away. Burnham's 35 year career in fragrance included an apprenticeship at Roure Bertrand Fils et Justin Dupont, where he was the only British apprentice. He also spent 18 years with Dragoco UK. Burnham's distinctions included a chairmanship with the British Fragrance Association. A talented rowing crewmember at Cornell, Burnham narrowly missed selection for the 1964 Olympics.
November 13, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in People News
- 2866Camille McDonald to Retire from Bath & Body Works
- 584Takasago Promotes Michael Lankin to Senior Manager of Aroma Ingredients
- 437Parfumeurs du Monde Create Five "Olfactory Tales"
- 413The Notables 2017 Announces Future of Fragrance Leaders
- 299Bell Announces New Hire and Two Promotions
- 251Firmenich Hires Boet Brinkgreve as New Chief Supply Chain Officer
- 249WFFC Welcomes New Board Members in Chicago, Cincinnati and New Jersey
- 195Armand De Villoutreys to Serve as Firmenich's President of Perfumery and Ingredients
- 134In Memoriam: William J. Downey Jr.
- 88SFC Hosts February Meeting in Philadelphia