According to news reports, as part of its effort to boost sales in China, Coca-Cola Co. is investing $80 million in a new China headquarters and research-and-development center in Shanghai. The R&D center, expected to be finished by the end of 2008, will be one of six world-wide and will develop products for China and other markets, said Douglas Jackson, the company's president for China business. When completed, Coca-Cola will increase its research staff in China to 200, from 40 now. In the past five years, Coca-Cola has roughly doubled its sales volume in China, making the country its fourth-largest market, behind the U.S., Mexico and Brazil. In 2006, Coca-Cola China sold more than a billion unit cases of nonalcoholic beverages. Coca-Cola said it has an 11% share of China's nonalcoholic-beverage market.
Coca-Cola Expands R&D in China
July 27, 2007
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Company News
- 1123First Look: Who's Attending the 2016 World Perfumery Congress?
- 306IFF and Vapor Communications Develop Digital Scent Messaging
- 303P&G to Release Febreze Ingredients
- 211Educating the Industry's Future Perfumers
- 207Frutarom Buys Extrakt Chemie
- 198Givaudan Opens Facility in Pakistan, Invests in Halal-Accredited Flavors
- 189Givaudan Gets 'Active' in Cosmetics
- 176Firmenich Dives Into Biomarine Science
- 175Mondelez India Opens New Facility
- 156Aurochemicals Scores High With Quality
- 2015 Flavor & Fragrance Leaderboard
6/1/2015, P&F Editors
- P2 Science Gains First Patent Converting Feedstocks into Specialty Chem
- Naturex Q1 Revenue Up 24% on Acquisition, Natural Trend
- Symrise Opens Production Facility in Brazilian Amazon
- Subscriber Alert: Perfumer & Flavorist June 2015 Issue Now Live