"More international organizations are now aiming at India as a potential growth market," says Anand Jhunjhunwalla, vice president of the 2010–2011 managing committee of the Biennial Fragrance and Flavours Association of India. Bringing together domestic and large multinational companies—the latter of which account for ~75% of the F&Fmarket—the event presented a unique opportunity for the industry to gather and consider the future of this fast-growing economy, currently ranked 11th in the world by GDP. Increasingly, this developing market its factoring into the long-range plans of multinational F&F companies, which face rapidly maturing markets in the United States, Europe and Japan. The CIA Factbook notes, "In 2010, the Indian economy rebounded robustly grom the global financial crisis—in large part because of strong domestic demand—and growth exceeded 8% year-on-year in real terms." These are numbers no industry can ignore.
Chasing the Market: Is India F&F Ready to Go Global?
April 20, 2011
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Company News
- 1193First Look: Who's Attending the 2016 World Perfumery Congress?
- 317Givaudan Acquires Spicetec Flavors & Seasonings
- 311P&G to Release Febreze Ingredients
- 309IFF and Vapor Communications Develop Digital Scent Messaging
- 220Frutarom Buys Extrakt Chemie
- 205Educating the Industry's Future Perfumers
- 200Givaudan Opens Facility in Pakistan, Invests in Halal-Accredited Flavors
- 191Givaudan Gets 'Active' in Cosmetics
- 177Firmenich Dives Into Biomarine Science
- 155Aurochemicals Scores High With Quality
- 2015 Flavor & Fragrance Leaderboard
6/1/2015, P&F Editors
- Subscriber Alert: Perfumer & Flavorist June 2015 Issue Now Live
- 2014 Sustainability Report: IFF Surpasses Water Reduction Goals
- Lermond Company Partners With Indukern S.A.
- Sensient Fragrances Appoints SRS Aromatics as Exclusive UK Distributor
6/5/2015, Mino Zaccaro