"More international organizations are now aiming at India as a potential growth market," says Anand Jhunjhunwalla, vice president of the 2010–2011 managing committee of the Biennial Fragrance and Flavours Association of India. Bringing together domestic and large multinational companies—the latter of which account for ~75% of the F&Fmarket—the event presented a unique opportunity for the industry to gather and consider the future of this fast-growing economy, currently ranked 11th in the world by GDP. Increasingly, this developing market its factoring into the long-range plans of multinational F&F companies, which face rapidly maturing markets in the United States, Europe and Japan. The CIA Factbook notes, "In 2010, the Indian economy rebounded robustly grom the global financial crisis—in large part because of strong domestic demand—and growth exceeded 8% year-on-year in real terms." These are numbers no industry can ignore.
Chasing the Market: Is India F&F Ready to Go Global?
April 20, 2011
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Company News
- 703Firmenich Introduces "Naturals Together" in France
- 571FragranceLock it and Throw Away the Key
- 533Feel the Music with All Five Senses
- 469Frutarom Makes Sixth Acquisition This Year, Purchases Redbrook
- 4632016 Flavor & Fragrance Leaderboard
- 462What is Driving Symrise's Q2 Growth?
- 309JM Swank and Spicetec Flavors & Seasonings Sold
- 293A "Natural Solution" to Labeling: Blue Marble Biomaterials Launches Ester Line
- 2872015 Flavor & Fragrance Leaderboard
- 227FlavorHealth Launches at IFT 2016