Most Popular in:
Seven Forecasts Spring-Summer 2014 Fragrance Trends
Posted: March 14, 2013
Based on research on the global worlds of fine fragrance, fashion and design, Seven Scent Ltd.'s trend forecast says three key fragrance accords, which range from rose to gourmand, will be strongly evident in the spring-summer collections of 2014. The trends are:
- Rose—offering a modern twist on tradition, the floral scent gives a light and refreshing direction, enhanced by feminine fruity notes and accents of clean aldehydes and musk.
- Strawberry—the sweet and juicy fruit gives a distinctive fruity-green aroma with sublime flowery and spicy nuances and a hint of caramel.
- Gourmand—continuing to exert influence, the new season sees a subtle suggestion of caramel and chocolate.
“The spring-summer season always marks a move towards lighter fragrances more suited to sunny days and 2014 is no exception. Inspired by farmers’ markets and flower stalls, we’ll see a return to summery accords which this time feature fresh strawberry, delicate rose and gentle hints of sweet gourmand aromas,” said Miri Scott, fragrance insight manager for Seven Scent.
Seven’s bi-annual trends report also features its own interpretation of the next year’s fragrance trends under its "Future Vision" series. Each theme evokes a strong sense of style, mood and emotion in three fragrance collections:
- Kaleidoscope—a celebration of life, bursting with vibrant fruity floral scents with lush greens and a hint of citrus.
- Digital—inspired by the social media revolution, transparent florals, cool musks and sheer metallic accords blend to create a contemporary and reflective mood.
- Elemental—earthy colors and rustic elegance provide the backdrop to this fragrance collection, where white florals and creamy accords combine with soft woods.
A Beautifully Written Classic of Natural Fragrance Materials
Arctander's Perfume and Flavor Materials of Natural Origin is a handy and practical handbook. While perfumery and flavor creation is an art form that cannot be taught or developed by research through generations, Arctander left behind gold nuggets of flavor and fragrance science still valid today. This book is treasured today as it was when it first came out. Arctander's passion comes through in every page.