Most Popular in:
Seven Scent Predicts 2013/14 Autumn-Winter Fragrance Trends
Posted: September 24, 2012
Seven Scent Ltd. (Manchester, United Kingdom) has released its biannual fine fragrance forecast for the key trends influencing 2013/14 autumn-winter fragrance collections, citing a number of fragrance notes ranging from wood accords to red berries.
“This season always encourages more intense, heavier, longer lasting fragrances to evoke a feeling of warmth and comfort during the colder months," said Bruce Furlonger, Seven Scent's head of marketing and innovation. "These traditional notes will still be evidence, but we have identified a number of creative fragrance accords which are growing in popularity with consumers and look set to influence direction."
Based on research into the world of fashion, design and fine fragrance, the company forecasts fragrances that feature:
- Tea accords: a move away from the classic or traditional green tea accords, towards a more unusual, sophisticated and rich fragrance
- Wood accords: the rich spice of oud is softened in a partnership with rose; a classic marriage of materials from middle eastern perfumery
- Leathers and suede: evoking a timeless elegance and quality in masculine scents
- Spices: such as cardamom, cumin and saffron inspired by the Middle East
- Amber: versatile and popular, it adds warmth and blends with oriental spices as well as soft musky notes
- Red berries: rich and dark notes will deliver an autumnal feel
A Beautifully Written Classic of Natural Flavor & Fragrance Materials
Arctander's Perfume and Flavor Materials of Natural Origin is a handy and practical handbook. While perfumery and flavor creation is an art form that cannot be taught or developed by research through generations, Arctander left behind gold nuggets of flavor and fragrance science still valid. This book is treasured today as it was when it first came out. Arctander's passion comes through in every page.