Most Popular in:
Seven Scent Reveals Latest Fragrance Trends for 2014/15
Posted: November 4, 2013
Based on research in the international worlds of fine fragrance, fashion and design, Seven Scent’s latest fragrance trends report offers an early insight into what to expect for autumn-winter 2014/15.
Key trend themes include:
- Return of the rose: Offering a dark and dramatic interpretation of the rose, which appears for its third season, this rich, velvety and spicy fragrance is coupled with intense notes of saffron and oud.
- Very berry: A true autumnal ingredient, dark, rich, plump and juicy berries add depth to fragrances.
- Scents of spirits: Gin-like notes of juniper berries and the smoky aromas of whiskey and rum, add complexity and a sophisticated edge.
- Concentrated creations: An opulent take on popular fragrances, the darker and spicier compositions feature patchouli and amber.
“As we move into the autumn, there is a natural shift toward fragrances that evoke a sense of warmth and comfort. We expect to see light summer florals giving way to an altogether darker, more intense use of rich rose and red berries, as well as a dash of spirit-inspired notes to give a seductive character to fragrances,” said Miri Scott, fragrance insight manager for Seven Scent.
Seven’s bi-annual report also offers its own unique interpretation of these trends in the form of three distinct fragrance directions for the 2014/15 autumn-winter season:
- Futuristic folklore: An eclectic, warm, rich and spicy fragrance, inspired by a vibrant, multicultural world.
- Augmented authenticity: Appealing to the digital generation, an energetic kaleidoscope of fruity berries, heady floral accents and warm base of sandalwood and musks.
- Engineered evolution: A strong, bold construction where oil-soaked leather and urban woods lead to a sculptured base of metallic musks and amber resin.
Mark your calendars for the 2014 World Perfumery Congress, June 10–12, 2014 in Deauville, France!