Suzanne Johnson, director of flavor design and development at McCormick & Co., kicked off the April technical meeting of the National Association of Flavors & Food-Ingredient Systems in Elizabeth, New Jersey, by discussing "The Reality of Flavor Perception." Johnson gave an in-depth review of the components of taste and cited many examples of the influence of neural integration of taste and smell in the human brain. The presentation covered numerous practical applications such as using congruent aromas to enhance saltiness in low-salt content and solid food products.
NAFFS Technical Meeting Highlights
May 23, 2011
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Trends
- 79512 Flavors From Around the World That Should Be on Your Radar
- 426Le Herbe Names World's First Master Blender of Cannabis Beverages
- 409How are Pets, Millennials and Essential Oils Shaping F&F?
- 347Five Exotic Fruit Flavor Trends from All Over the World
- 250Forward Thinking: Sensory Sensations
- 224Forward Thinking: Waste Not, Want Not
- 183Sour to Sweet: Miracle Berry Makes Red Wine Taste Better
- 137Five Adventurous Flavor Trends
- 133The Desire for Asian Fire Spreads Throughout U.S.
- 1292016 Booming Craft Beer Trends
- The Last Word: The Miseducation of the F&F Industry
1/4/2016, Deniz Ataman
- Inside F&F's Hottest Market
2/10/2016, Amy Marks-McGee
- Forward Thinking: Health and Wellness Reboot
3/25/2016, Amy Marks-McGee
- Endpoint: From Scent Dieting to Flavor Irritants: ‘Wellness’ in F&F
3/25/2016, Rachel Grabenhofer, Perfumer & Flavorist
- The Many Faces of Pasta
4/6/2016, Mona Sinki Rabbat and Gabriel Sinki,