Suzanne Johnson, director of flavor design and development at McCormick & Co., kicked off the April technical meeting of the National Association of Flavors & Food-Ingredient Systems in Elizabeth, New Jersey, by discussing "The Reality of Flavor Perception." Johnson gave an in-depth review of the components of taste and cited many examples of the influence of neural integration of taste and smell in the human brain. The presentation covered numerous practical applications such as using congruent aromas to enhance saltiness in low-salt content and solid food products.
NAFFS Technical Meeting Highlights
May 23, 2011
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Trends
- 1353Pepsi vs. Coke: The Flavor Differences
- 735Map of the Flavor World
- 612Natural Flavors Rank High for 2017
- 587Floral Flavors Flourish in the West
- 549Forward Thinking: By Nature
- 228Coffee Talk With Flavorcon Speaker Barb Stuckey
- 127Day 2: Science and Technology Sessions at Flavorcon 2017
- 111Five Buzzy Beverage Trends for 2017
- 99Endpoint: Is Willy Wonka* Running F&F's Reality?
- 98Seasonal Chocolate Hops to the Top
- Endpoint: Is Willy Wonka* Running F&F's Reality?
5/10/2016, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Forward Thinking: Sensory Sensations
8/2/2016, Amy Marks-McGee
- Endpoint. F&F Keeps the Score on Health
6/8/2016, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Forward Thinking: Waste Not, Want Not
10/4/2016, Amy Marks-McGee
- Big Data with a Grain of Salt*
12/2/2016, Rachel Grabenhofer, Managing Editor, Cosmetics & Toiletries