Suzanne Johnson, director of flavor design and development at McCormick & Co., kicked off the April technical meeting of the National Association of Flavors & Food-Ingredient Systems in Elizabeth, New Jersey, by discussing "The Reality of Flavor Perception." Johnson gave an in-depth review of the components of taste and cited many examples of the influence of neural integration of taste and smell in the human brain. The presentation covered numerous practical applications such as using congruent aromas to enhance saltiness in low-salt content and solid food products.
NAFFS Technical Meeting Highlights
May 23, 2011
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Trends
- 461Shaking Things Up With New Cocktail Flavor Trends
- 345The Sweet Spot: 3 Lollipop and Hard Candy Trends
- 253Fresh Produce Trending Strongly in 2016
- 218Endpoint: Is Willy Wonka* Running F&F's Reality?
- 1412016 Flavor Trends Full of New Culinary Experiences
- 114Get Sticky: 4 Trends Set to Impact Global Syrups Market
- 111Unwrapping 5 Sweet Confectionery Trends
- 97Top Spring and Summer 2016 Scent Trends
- 82Endpoint: From Scent Dieting to Flavor Irritants: ‘Wellness’ in F&F
- 76Wixon Gets Spicy With Flavor Trends from North Africa
- Flavors and Healthy Eating
- Bitter Bites, Better Flavor
- Flavorcon 2015 Preview
- The Last Word: The Miseducation of the F&F Industry
1/4/2016, Deniz Ataman
- Forward Thinking: Savor the Flavor
8/19/2015, Amy Marks-McGee