In Mintel's "Consumer Packaged Goods Trend Predicitions for 2010," the companys director of trends and innovations, David Jago, noted, "Post-recession, we don't expect manufacturers to reinvent the wheel. Instead, we predict ... new products will give shoppers something familiar paired with something new to better satisfy their needs. On retail store shelves, we expect today's familiar megatrends&mash;health and wellness, convenience, sustainability—to get a fresh, new makeover." At the intersection of all these megatrends, boosted in part by changes in EU flavor labeling rules in 2011, natural flavors continue to take center stage.
Natural Flavor Trends
October 28, 2010
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Trends
- 1032Pepsi vs. Coke: The Flavor Differences
- 628Forward Thinking: By Nature
- 540Natural Flavors Rank High for 2017
- 462Floral Flavors Flourish in the West
- 223Coffee Talk With Flavorcon Speaker Barb Stuckey
- 149Food and Beverage Trends Keynote Kick-starts Flavorcon 2017
- 119Five Buzzy Beverage Trends for 2017
- 98Endpoint: Is Willy Wonka* Running F&F's Reality?
- 85The Market for Natural Flavors
- 81Seasonal Chocolate Hops to the Top
- Endpoint: Is Willy Wonka* Running F&F's Reality?
5/10/2016, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Forward Thinking: Sensory Sensations
8/2/2016, Amy Marks-McGee
- Endpoint. F&F Keeps the Score on Health
6/8/2016, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Forward Thinking: Waste Not, Want Not
10/4/2016, Amy Marks-McGee
- Big Data with a Grain of Salt*
12/2/2016, Rachel Grabenhofer, Managing Editor, Cosmetics & Toiletries