In Mintel's "Consumer Packaged Goods Trend Predicitions for 2010," the companys director of trends and innovations, David Jago, noted, "Post-recession, we don't expect manufacturers to reinvent the wheel. Instead, we predict ... new products will give shoppers something familiar paired with something new to better satisfy their needs. On retail store shelves, we expect today's familiar megatrends&mash;health and wellness, convenience, sustainability—to get a fresh, new makeover." At the intersection of all these megatrends, boosted in part by changes in EU flavor labeling rules in 2011, natural flavors continue to take center stage.
Natural Flavor Trends
October 28, 2010
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Trends
- 468Shaking Things Up With New Cocktail Flavor Trends
- 360The Sweet Spot: 3 Lollipop and Hard Candy Trends
- 255Fresh Produce Trending Strongly in 2016
- 220Endpoint: Is Willy Wonka* Running F&F's Reality?
- 1472016 Flavor Trends Full of New Culinary Experiences
- 134Get Sticky: 4 Trends Set to Impact Global Syrups Market
- 117Unwrapping 5 Sweet Confectionery Trends
- 97Top Spring and Summer 2016 Scent Trends
- 81Endpoint: From Scent Dieting to Flavor Irritants: ‘Wellness’ in F&F
- 80Beverage Flavor Trends: Healthy, Clean and Oh So Fizzy
- Flavors and Healthy Eating
- Bitter Bites, Better Flavor
- Flavorcon 2015 Preview
- The Last Word: The Miseducation of the F&F Industry
1/4/2016, Deniz Ataman
- Forward Thinking: Savor the Flavor
8/19/2015, Amy Marks-McGee