The European Food Safety Authority is calling for a pan-European food consumption survey (EU Menu). According to an official announcement, "this critical tool and building block for risk assessment will allow the collection of detailed and harmonized food consumption data at the level of individuals, across the EU."
EFSA, National Food Safety Agencies Support Pan-European Food Consumption Survey
February 17, 2010
Most Popular in Regulatory
- 563FDA Asks Public How to Define 'Natural'?
- 273EU Proposal Updates Novel Foods Law, Talks Nano Ingredients
- 2406th Edition of Food Chemical Codex Now Open-Source
- 156EFSA: Citrus Flavor Perilla Aldehyde is Unsafe, Genotoxic
- 85European Commission Orders to Remove Perilla Aldehyde Flavoring
- 39Publication of Sixth Food Chemicals Codex
- 35FEMA GRAS 26 Now Available
- 32FDA Warning Reminder: Whole Stevia Leaf Not GRAS Approved
- 31FEMA Updates GRAS List
- 28OEHHA Intends to List β-Myrcene and Pulegone as Cancer Causing
- How to: Organic Certification
5/13/2009, Jessica Walden and Ellen Holton, Quality Assurance International Inc.
- Ensuring Regulatory Compliance for Flavor Companies
1/9/2009, Patty Benson, SAFC
- A Structured Approach toward Standardized Specifications for the Flavor Industry
3/18/2009, G. Lösing, B. Ebeling, J. Foerstner, R. Althage, C.O. Schmidt and G.E. Krammer, Symrise
- Naturally Does It
11/16/2009, Steve Pringle (with John Gilroy), Frutarom USA
- NEXT: Commoditization and Food/Flavor Safety
1/13/2010, Jeb Gleason-Allured, Editor